Solution Design Consultant
Solution Design Consultant
· Location: Sydney, Australia
· Work type: Full-time
· Travel Requirement: Infrequent (1-5 days per month)
GlassHouse Technologies provides enterprise cloud transition and workspace managed services to organizations across Australia & New Zealand. GlassHouse is built upon strong people and healthy customer relationships. We work within a high-trust and low-bravado model of doing business.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the role of Solution Design Consultant for our practice in Australia/New Zealand.
Specifically, we are looking to augment our existing delivery team with additional resources who can demonstrate the technical expertise, and can assume the responsibility for, the detailed design of customer solutions (primarily within AWS, Azure and Citrix environments) delivered by GlassHouse and its partners to customers in Australia/New Zealand. This role provides a pivotal role supporting a mix of pre-sale, partner, and delivery, requiring a personable seller/doer personality, who takes equal pride in driving quality of pre-sale solutioning and the associated customer outcomes we deliver day to day.
To be considered, candidates will:
· Have superb interpersonal communication skills and the ability to participate in a team/project with several (possibly remote) team members.
· Have strong written, verbal and leadership skills
· Have strong customer relationship skills, experience in pre-sales, and the ability to establish and develop commercial relationships for new business
· Have proven ability to develop lasting and productive commercial relationships
· Have at least 5 years’ customer-facing experience designing and delivering relevant solutions to customers.
· Experience with solutioning both consulting projects and managed services engagements
Possess the technical skills, qualifications and knowledge to:
o Provide technical advisory and ‘trusted advisor’ support to key technology partnerships
o Manage project scope and customer expectations, as a delivery leader in the field
o Setup and drive technical solutioning and design workshops
o Architect and design cloud-based platforms
o Analyse business requests and provide solutions to meet requirements
o Develop and maintain design & plan documentation
Be able to demonstrate significant ‘hands on’ delivery experience in this field of work including practical experience with:
o Public Cloud, with a specific focus relating to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
o Cloud Automation and Migrations, with a specific focus relating to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
o A broad range of Citrix technologies including XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning server, StoreFront, NetScaler and NetScaler Gateway.
o Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Profile Management
o Puppet Labs, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, CI/CD experience preferred
o Active learning and personal passion for cloud computing, indicated by:
o Amazon Web Service Certifications
o Citrix Certifications
o Azure certifications
· Be based in Sydney and hold a valid visa for working in Australia