We are interested in qualified candidates who can demonstrate they have the capability and experience to operate as Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert in a data centre relocation project.
The successful applicant will:
- Have good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to participate in a team/project with several (possibly remote) team members.
- Have strong written, verbal and leadership skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Possess the technical skills, qualifications and knowledge to:
- Manage project scope and customer expectations, as a delivery leader in the field
- Setup and manage technical workshops
- Architect and design core infrastructure and virtualisation platforms
- Demonstrate in-depth skills in at least one of the following technology areas:
- Server or Storage Virtualisation
- Backup or Disaster Recovery
- DC Networking
- Be able to demonstrate significant ‘hands on’ experience in this field of work including:
- 5 years plus proven experience as a successful infrastructure specialist. It is a requirement that candidates have experience as SME in DC migration or consolidation projects, and demonstrated client relationship management experience.
- UNIX and x86 based server technologies including AIX and Windows, VMWARE ESX etc
- Microsoft Server Technologies ( AD, SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint, Exchange)
- Knowledge of SAN storage systems including Dell, HP & EMC arrays
- Knowledge of networking topologies and 10GigE networks
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Usage experience with VMware migration tools (VMotion, Site Recovery Manager, etc.)
- Possibly have background or experience as Solutions Architect or similar role
Be based in the job location (generally Melbourne or Sydney) for the duration of the assignment, and hold a valid visa for working in Australia