Data Centre Migration Manager
We are interested in qualified candidates with the capability and experience to lead and manage major infrastructure projects such as data centre transformation and/or consolidation..
The successful applicant will:
- Have good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to participate in a team/project with several (possibly remote) team members.
- Have strong written, verbal and leadership skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Possess the technical skills, qualifications and knowledge to:
- Manage project scope and customer expectations, as a delivery leader in the field
- Setup and manage technical workshops
- Architect and plan data centre optimisation, consolidation and migration solutions
- Analyse business requests and provide solutions to meet requirements
- Develop and maintain design & plan documentation
- Direct and guide team/project members and ensure delivery against specified role requirements
- Provide the planning and management to successfully deliver projects on time, and within scope and budget
- Be able to demonstrate significant ‘hands on’ experience in this field of work including:
- 5 years plus proven experience as a successful Program/Project Manager on projects with external clients. It is a requirement that Data Centre Migration Managers have experience running large migration projects and demonstrated client relationship management experience.
- Consulting craft, professional services business acumen and commercial acumen
- Able to leverage and contribute to methodology, IP development, and other discipline leadership activities
- Detailed understanding of PM methodologies and tools (standard and emerging trends) i.e. PRINCE 2
- Complete understanding of Project Management Knowledge areas: Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resource, Communications, Risk, Procurement Management and Vendor Management
- Possibly have background or experience in one or more of the roles of Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, Datacentre Architect, Senior or Principal Consultant
Be based in the job location (generally Melbourne or Sydney) for the duration of the assignment, and hold a valid visa for working in Australia