L3 Engineer – Citrix Managed Services
GlassHouse Technologies provides enterprise cloud transition and workspace managed services to organisations across Australia & New Zealand. GlassHouse is built upon strong people and healthy customer relationships. We work within a high-trust and low-bravado model of doing business.
GlassHouse are seeking a hands-on Engineer for our Citrix managed service for day-time support and after-hours activities. The Magnify service offering from GlassHouse is specifically designed to monitor and manage customer Citrix environments.
Areas of Responsibility
Working under the direction of the GlassHouse Managed Services Technical Lead, the post holder will:
- Leverage Magnify toolsets to create and maintain regular reporting on Citrix environments, including incident management, service requests, performance metrics, and capacity planning
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting and root-cause analysis for Citrix related issues
- Conduct updates to Customer environments, including security patches and feature enhancement deployments
- Prepare change management documentation for presentation to Customer Change Advisory Board as required
- Highlight technical solution risks and provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements to customers
- Conduct duties in a process orientated manner, adhering to ITIL process and procedure
- Implement processes and procedures within the managed services organisation to increase efficiency of overall delivery team
- Ensure process and procedure documentation is kept up to date and current
- Communicate effectively with the service delivery function and senior management
- Conduct scheduled afterhours activities, including the following:
- Being available to supervise and monitor changes conducted by Customer third-party suppliers while they make changes to infrastructure, such as networking, hardware, storage, hypervisors and Microsoft Windows patching. Regular weekend work is expected.
- Conduct scheduled Citrix management and maintenance within the Customer change control process. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of Customer change control documentation
- Be available to receive a handover of upcoming activities each day from the GlassHouse Managed Services Technical Lead.
- Provide documented handovers of activities to the GlassHouse Managed Services Technical Lead
- Creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly service management reporting
- Installation, testing and verification of Citrix patches and updates
- Installation, testing and verification of application deployments to the Citrix environment
- Update various components within the Citrix environment, including but not limited to, Provisioning Services vDisk’s, XenDesktop site settings, StoreFront site settings, Citrix Director, NetScaler and profile and policy management.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years experience, managing and maintaining enterprise Citrix platforms, incorporating Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Provisioning Services, StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway technologies
- Citrix certifications
- ITIL v3 certifications preferred
- Experience working in a previous managed services organisation, including familiarity with the ITIL service management framework
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, to all levels, including management
- A proven track record of maintaining healthy customer relationships
- Experience as a technical writer desirable
Work type: Full-time
Travel Requirement: Infrequent (1-3 days per quarter)
Location: Sydney or Melbourne